Frederick County, Maryland Art Teacher and Photographer

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

At the Creek, Frederick Maryland Photographer

This past weekend I was able to share several of these images at Art at the Point.  I received a lot of wonderful feedback and enjoyed sharing the work.  My husband thinks it is my strongest work yet.  I have entered several of these images into two juried exhibits and hope to win a ribbon at The Waterford Fair this weekend and placement in the upcoming Delaplaine Juried Photo Exhibit.

While creating these images my friend was inspired by the thought of "boudoir photography" without all the fussiness of lingerie, makeup and high heels. She simply wanted me to capture her as herself and be able to present it as a gift to her husband and as a memory of this chapter in her life.  Knowing that she practices yoga on a regular basis I asked her to demonstrate some postures.  This is the outcome of an afternoon at the creek with our boys (two each) playing somewhere behind me.  Who would have known that this woman once gave birth to twins!







Below is an example of one of the gifts her husband received.  The mini accordion album is fun to spread out on a desk or can slide easily into a purse or luggage.
An example of a small metal accordion album perfect for a desk or nightstand.  The metal represents their ten year anniversary.

On side can hold four images.
The other side can hold up to six images or in this case a spread of three.


No comments: