Frederick County, Maryland Art Teacher and Photographer

Monday, April 28, 2014

Great-Grandfather's Suit, Frederick County Photographer

My good friends and neighbors asked me to photograph their son before he grew out of his Great-Grandfather's suit.  It's well over 100-years old and has fine details, such as a leather button on a chain and a red cravat.  It made for the perfect photo session, especially on this little man.  Maybe it's because I know him, but this was one of the easiest photo sessions with a child ever.  It has been suggested that this is the kick off to his modeling career.

I stepped outside with him and he grabbed the umbrella which was drying out from the rain.
This was the first shoot of the morning.
After I took it, I declared, "I'm done.  I got the shot!"  Of course I'd take many more.
What a simple prop can do. 



Gone fish in'.  Yet, another prop he picked on his own.

His mother and father make a good comedy team.

Sometimes you need to work with what you have one hand.  We almost forgot to put him in his car.




No comments: