Frederick County, Maryland Art Teacher and Photographer

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Cards

The past three years I have become more creative with the boy's Valentine's Day cards to give to their classmates.  It always involves a photo of them and some little surprise or twist.  This year they didn't like any ideas that I presented except for these.  My eldest insisted that candy was part of the card.  Next year I told them I'm giving everyone toothbrushes!  

The templates came from the Florabella Collection and I moved the wording around so it would fit on a postcard sized card.  On the back of the cards I scanned in two different Tic Tac Toe boards created by the boys (I helped with one).  They made up age appropriate math problems for the kids to solve when they played the game.  The Good -N- Plenty candy was used to play the game.  Tic Tacs would also be appropriate to use.

I happened to sub in my oldest son's class on the day of the party and the game came in handy after a few students finished their Valentine's papers.  And yes, my son was told he that he had a very "creative card" from one of the girls in his class!




No comments: