Frederick County, Maryland Art Teacher and Photographer

Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Ready For Valentines Day, Frederick County Photographer

Valentines's Day is just one month away and that means it's time to shop for tiny, flimsy, little cards with barely enough room for children to sign their names.  I remember getting excited for Valentine's day as a kid, decorating a paper bag in class then being sent home with a long list of classmates's names to write in the "To" box.  I even embarrassed myself one year as a child when the teacher handed out a list of ways to sign off including Secret Admirer as an option.  I signed all my cards that way without my name, as would be expected, and was then criticized for not signing my name after it.  I'm still confused about how that all went down, but I've managed to press onward.

My son's passed out the little store bought cards the first few years of school, but then I got a little more creative. Last year I had the boy's cards printed on a deck of 52 playing cards with the images seen below and we attached chocolate hearts and kisses to the cards.  This year I have something different up my sleeve but you know it will contain a photo of the boys for their classmates and teachers.  

Let me know if you would like me to help execute your own child's or family Valentine's this year.  I have a lot of ideas!

Love, 
Your Secret Admirer
Boys packaging their Valentines for Classmates in 2012
I'll have to show them the Lucy and Ethel candy factory episode from I Love Lucy.
Photo side of card, back side is a playing card in 2012
Photo side of card, back side is a playing card in 2012

Another view of the finished product
The photo of both of them in 2012

2011 Photo card 
2011 Photo Card for preschool

No comments: