Frederick County, Maryland Art Teacher and Photographer

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Smuggler Baby Carriage, Perfect for Newborn, Photography by Frederick County Photographer

After Liam's Saturday soccer today game we drove through Buckeystown, MD and spotted this gem sitting on a lawn with some other wonderful antiques.  The owner is a photographer as well and when I mentioned this would be perfect for a newborn photo shoot he agreed.  He called it a "Smuggler Baby Carriage" for it's hidden compartment under the cushions shown in the fourth photo.  It was just too interesting a piece to pass up.  It is most likely from the turn of the century and can still be wheeled around although surely you won't see anyone pushing it down the streets of Frederick.

Luke helped me test it out by putting Romeo in it.  Perfect fit!

If you know of someone who is excepting and would like for me to capture thier newborn in his or her first days of life please send them my way.  With some pretty, soft blankets it will make a perfect prop and can even be used in a photo shoot with a little girl and her dollies! I can't wait to use my new baby carriage!

Andrea's Point Photography


No comments: