Frederick County, Maryland Art Teacher and Photographer

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Christmas Season

It's Christmas time and I should be rushing around cleaning, making grocery lists, doing laundry and readying for an after Christmas trip, but instead I was stopped in my busy tracks upon reading this excerpt of a following email:

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the card with the wonderful photos. You have real talent. I am amazed at how big your boys are and I am glad that Romeo is doing well. I think back on the day I helped Romeo and how two or three other folks stopped to help also. There are good people out there.

I will sign the writers name for you....Guardian Angel

Seven years ago on a Thursday afternoon on her way home from work a woman by the name of Brenda was driving home to her Greyhounds dogs when she spotted my cat on the side of the road.  Two other Good Samaritans were turning their car around as they had just seen Romeo hit, no run over, by a truck.    Brenda and these two other people (never found out who they were) took it upon themselves to try and contact me (this is before I had a cell phone) and then Animal Control to get Romeo help.  Brenda knew he wouldn't have time to wait for the officers to come retrieve him so she drove out-of her way to deliver him to animal Control, who then took him to a local Veterinarian.  The following is an unedited description of Romeo's Story as I briefed friends and family in a slue of e-mails during those days and weeks that passed.

And just an aside, I have sent Brenda Christmas cards each year with a note of Romeo's health and well-being.  This is the first time I had heard back.  If interested in his story start reading October 3, 2002 and then continue with The Romeo Diaries.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!  (and yes, Romeo is sitting here beside me as I write this)

1 comment:

Sheila Lamb said...

Great Christmas story! Give Romeo a hug for me:-)